Look What I made:)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Move it!


In order to get my kids to step up their activity level, I got them each a pedometer. They've been dying to go to King's Island, so, I informed them that if they could walk there, I'd take them. So, now even when they are watching TV, or need something to do, they run in place, they run up and down the stairs over and over, they even argue about who gets to take the dog for a walk. Ali runs in place while she watches TV, it's been great! The best part of it is that when bedtime approaches, they are exhausted! I love it! It's the best purchase I've made all year.
The pedometers were more than affordable---only $2.99 each--- they are multicolored so they all have their own color, Ali's is pink, Zach's is white and Tay has a black one. Go to Amazon.com and type in pedometer, it's the 3rd one down I believe, "Multifunction Pedometer with Steps, Distance & Calories." I decided that I'm going to continue on with this too! I'm going to have a prize, or a benefit of some sort for each week, or maybe each month--like a date with daddy, or maybe a hike with mom---something that still has to do with activity--perhaps bowling or swimming---anyway, I wanted to share with you my success in getting my kids moving! They fight less, they play more! What more could you ask for??? (Besides a million bucks so you can fill your gas tank).

0 comments: