Look What I made:)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Moon Bow
















In Corbin, KY, there is a beautiful waterfall called Cumberland Falls. About 2 weeks out of the year during a full moon, a moon bow can be seen all the way in outer space--it is the only one of its kind in North America. I had to go down to do a few inspections of some restaurants and so we all went and stayed in a hotel so I could get some work done over a few days time. We hiked to the falls and it truly was beautiful! We also got lost hiking--it was GREAT! There is nothing as fun as hiking through the woods and exploring, I've never been one for staying on the trail. My kids think I'm nuts, but I sure have fun!
Colonel Sanders of KFC is from Corbin, and we went to his original home where he invented the world famous chicken we all love. It was such a cute little house, it's now a KFC, and museum in one. IT has his original kitchen and some other originals that he had while he was in Corbin.

1 comments:

Renee said...

The falls are beautiful! We miss you guys and hopefully can come up for a visit sometime.

Hey where is Corbin?