Look What I made:)

Saturday, March 22, 2008

PMS--Does that stand for Pestering Mean Spouse?


Hey all you ladies out there, do you suffer from PMS? I surely do, those darn hormones wreak havoc on my system every three weeks or so. Do you want a fix all remedy, sure to fix what ails you? Today, and only for today, you can get 2 bottles of Perfect Husband-aid. Pop one of these in his morning beverage of choice and voila! He'll become the mind reader you've always wanted him to be. Not only will he know what you meant, not just what you said, but he'll clean the house, make dinner, pick up the kids from their activities, and he'll ask you to go shopping and relax with a girl's night out. If you act in the next 10 minutes, and the next ten minutes only, you'll get 2 bottles of our specially formulated Perfect Child Liquid Droplets--it's tasteless, odorless, and take less time to start working than the leading parenting self-help book. How does it work you say? Put a small drop in any beverage, wait 10 minutes, and before you know it your little angels will be nearly ready for translation. They are guaranteed to eat their dinner without complaining, and they will even thank you for puttin onion in the spaghetti and will ask for second helpings of their greens. Their beds will be made as they joyfully hop out of bed in the morning, only pleasantries will be exchanged with their siblings. Haven't you always dreamed of the perfect family? Stop dreaming ladies! The answer is here!

I was thinking the other day how much easier my life would be if I could just get everyone to do things the way that I think they should be done, It took me a few minutes of daydreaming before I snapped out of it and realized how selfish I was being. Would I want anyone else to make me do things I didn't want to, or be someone I wasn't comfortable being? Wouldn't it be a bit creepy if our kids walked around happy to do their chores and giddy about sharing their toys with their brothers and sisters? I love my kids and my sweetie just the way they are. I love that they irritate me sometimes, I love that they leave little messes around so I don't forget that they're around. I enjoy slaving away in the kitchen to make such a wonderful aroma that they know for certain their must be something disgusting in it, and therefore refuse to eat it--more for me! I love that I'm not always in the mood--it makes the special times all the more special. Thank goodness for our imperfections and for those who love us despite our quirks.

0 comments: