Look What I made:)

Saturday, March 15, 2008

When Good Friends Go Bad

Yes ladies, the good friend gone bad is none other than myself! Me! Julie! This is my dear sweet little friend Renee. Renee was my only friend when we first moved here to Kentucky. She knew what it was like to move into a new town and not have anyone to talk to. We found over the years that no matter what happened in this crazy little corner of the world, at least we had a friend to help out when we needed it. Renee moved about 10 months ago to bigger and better things--and do you know what I did? Nothing. Yep, that's right, nothing. I feel like a heel, I need a good hard kick in the patooty! So, I've been feeling guilty about being a bad friend, when guess who drives all the way up here to see all her old friends--Renee, and guess who she came to visit, me, the scum on the bottom of the bathtub mat. I felt so bad that I had not done more to help her make her move better and easier. I could use the excuse that I was going insane and was just so busy, but that would be lame. So, I take my stripes, I deserve them. I come forward of my own free will and ask for forgiveness from the little Korean Martha Stewart. I apologize for being a big fat loser and not keeping in touch like I should have, I apologize for being a big lame brain!

It was wonderful to see you! It was like you had never left and we just picked up right where we were when you left.

If anyone wants to know how to remodel your home, Renee is your gal! She is an amazing seamstress and can cook just about anything. She loves Martha Stewart, even through her time as a felon. She is a wonderful mother, and she has the cutest little kids you have ever seen. So, Renee, if you will forgive me, I promise that I will never tell anyone that you went to Wal mart after you left my house tonight. Deal?

2 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny! I sure did go to Walmart, huh?!

OK, so I think your memory is bad because the week I moved, you not only watched, fed and entertained my kids, but helped me get my house ready and gave me an awsome Martha Stewart serving plate that I love! Oh ya, all while being a full time student and serving in the stake Primary presidency. Not to mention being my friend the 3 years we were there and saving me from my psycho post pardom funk.

You're a crazy girl, and thank you again for letting us crash your house on Friday! (I'll thank you on my blog as well.)

Renee said...

Julie, you have to show my last comment so everyone knows what an awsome friend you are!!! And that you're a finalist to speak at UK commencement coming up!!!