Look What I made:)

Friday, April 4, 2008

What Makes You Happy???



Does finding a wonderful new recipe fill you with glee? Does the scent of a freshly sliced onion bring tears of joy to your eyes? I have found such a passion for food, not only for eating it--which I have always loved--but in the process of creating the perfect meal. Now, one thing we have to clear up right away is that I am a "Martha Stewart" in training (just for you Renee!) I've also come to the conclusion that the harder you work on a meal, the greater chance you have of hearing, "oooooh! gross! I am not eating that!" I now know that if I hear those words, I have created a work of art! I would love to hear your stories of kitchen catastrophes, cataclysmic oven explosions, and just plain crazy food conglomerations you've created. For example, let me share a delightful meal I created with that received not only one "ooooooh! Gross!" but THREE, yep! it was gourmet through and through! I made a lovely balsamic skirt steak served with seasoned greens, polenta with a pinch of Parmesan and butter and a lovely side of fresh cut fruit. I garnished each plate and sat down to dine with my most appreciative family--only to discover that they were all plotting against me and planned to go get $5 pizza instead. Darn Little Caesars! But, rather than getting upset, or feeling crushed that my effort was not appreciated, I was in food heaven, I had created something so wonderful, that my children found it revolting, I was a success! (It was a recipe from Martha of course, and it was delicious!) So, if you are in the mood to have your family voluntarily go without dinner, give me a ring and I'll fix you up with the best darn balsamic skirt steak that will ever pass your lips! Love ya all! Stay safe, stay happy, and most importantly, stay in touch by golly!!!

2 comments:

Renee said...

That's great!

Dori Montoya said...

Ah, kids these days.... Do you ever remember complaining about dinner when you were young?? At my house it was always a mad dash, because I had 4 brothers, and if ya didn't hurry, ya didn't eat. As a result, I still eat extra fast. You're better than me though, because I usually guilt my family into eating my creations, sometimes resorting to the use of tears! Sadly, this isn't with just the fancy stuff, it's most anything I make. You can vouch for me Julie! I can cook, right?? Well try telling Ethan that, little booger won't eat anything, and this has resulted in him loosing his "Gordo"ness, I miss those cheeks!!